CBP announced the dates for the April and October 2021, Customs Broker License Examination (CBLE) by notice published in the Federal Register, 85 Fed. Reg. 86944 (Dec. 31, 2020). The October CBLE is scheduled for Thursday, October 21, 2021. The exam is 4.5 hours long. Check-in for testing begins at least 30 minutes before the official start time.
REFERENCE CHANGE: In an effort to align the broker exam and reference materials with real world processing, CBP has added the ACE Entry Summary Instructions to replace the Instructions for the Preparation of a 7501 as one of the five reference materials effective for the October 2021 exam.
The reference materials will be provided electronically on exam day. The reference materials will have basic search functions. The technical issue experienced by some October 2020 CBLE examinees attempting to access and download the electronic reference materials has been resolved.
Examinees still have the option to bring and use their own paper reference materials if desired.
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (Basic Edition 2020) (HTSUS) Harmonized Tariff Schedule PDFs (usitc.gov)
- Title 19, Code of Federal Regulations (19 CFR 2020, revised as of April 1, 2020) (Parts 1 to Part 199)(CFR 0-140)(CFR 141-199) Code of Federal Regulations (Annual Edition) | govinfo
- ACE Entry Summary Instructions Version 2.4a ACE Entry Summary Instructions | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)
- Right to Make Entry (RTME) Directive 3530-002A 3530-002A Right to Make Entry | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)
- ACE Entry Summary Business Rules and Process Document (Trade-External) (ACE BRPD) (Version 10.5 – Section 1 through 12 only) March 2021 ACE Entry Summary Business Process | U.S. Customs and Border Protection (cbp.gov)